Natomas Unified’s Core Belief is “Our Diversity is a Strength.” In support of this belief and in celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, NUSD is proud to present its Hispanic Heritage Month contest that recognizes this year’s theme, “Esperanza: A Celebration of Hispanic Heritage and Hope.” The theme invites us to celebrate Hispanic Heritage and reflect on how great our tomorrow can be if we hold onto our resilience and hope. It encourages us to reflect on all of the contributions Hispanics have made in the past, and will continue to make in the future. It is also a reminder that we are stronger together.
This year’s contest is an opportunity for students to get creative by submitting a drawing or illustration that expresses the theme, “Esperanza: A Celebration of Hispanic Heritage and Hope.” The posters shown on the right were selected as winners of the National Council of Hispanic Employment Program Managers (NCHEPM) 2021 Hispanic Heritage Poster Contest. Click on the posters to enlarge.
- Three winners will be selected in the following categories: Elementary (K-5), Middle (6-8), and High School (9-12)
- Poster can be a minimum of 8 ½ x 11 (standard letter size) or a maximum of 8 ½ x 14 (legal size)
- Poster can be submitted digitally or in-person but must be the original work of the author
- Take a picture of your poster and send it to [email protected] Be sure to include your first and last name, grade, and school of attendance in the email
- Or turn in your poster to your front office or drop it off at 1901 Arena Blvd. Be sure to include your first and last name, grade, and school of attendance on the back of your poster
- Posters are due no later than 4 p.m. Friday, October 1
- Submissions will be evaluated by NUSD staff on their originality, creativity, and effectiveness in expressing the theme
- Winners will be announced the morning of Thursday, October 7
- Winners will be featured in NUSD Publications, awarded prizes, and be able to paint “The Book” on Del Paso Blvd sponsored by Natomas Schools Foundation
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions or need more information.