Natomas Unified School District (NUSD), named the second most diverse school district in the nation in a 2016 New York Times study, is located just minutes north of downtown Sacramento and the State Capitol in California’s Central Valley.
An exciting district on the move, NUSD has exemplary staff preparing students for college and career, thousands of new kids expected over the next ten years, and top-notch educational programs – including International Baccalaureate (IB), AP Capstone, and Career Technical Education (CTE). Our Vision states that “NUSD will provide an engaging and safe learning community where all students will demonstrate responsibility, achieve academic and social-emotional growth, embrace diversity, and make decisions about their college and career success.”
Number of Schools
Natomas Unified School District has 15 schools
There are 11,868 students enrolled in Natomas Unified School District*
*This does not include students enrolled in independent charter schools. Leroy Greene Academy is a dependent charter and is included in this number.
20.5% African American
College and Career Readiness
- NUSD’s graduation rate is 96% compared to state average of 87%
- African American graduation rate is 95% compared to state average of 79%
- Hispanic/Latinx graduation rate is 93% compared to the state average of 85%
- 68% of NUSD graduates met A-G requirements, courses required for CSU/UC admission
- NUSD has more than tripled number of students taking AP tests within the last 5 years
- 1 in 3 NUSD students are enrolled at International Baccalaureate (IB) schools
- Students in class of 2022 earned more college credits by junior year than in previous graduating classes
- NUSD outpaced the state in ELA and Math growth over the last 5 years
- NUSD has 10 Career Technical Education Pathways for students to gain skills and real-world experiences
Find Your Neighborhood School
Natomas Unified School District is a growing district with exceptional schools and programs from preschool to adult school. Please visit the school locator for school locations and boundaries.