Are you interested in getting a taste of the college experience? Academic Talent Search (ATS) offers 4th-9th graders exciting summer courses at Sacramento State that you pick for yourself! Choose from classes like All the World’s a Stage, Algebra I, LEGO Robotics, Neuropsychology, Video Game Development and many others. At ATS, you can spend your summer doing what you love, take classes on a university campus and make new friends who share your interests and passion for learning!
To join these interactive and hands-on classes, you need to take the ATS qualifying Exam. The test only takes an hour and there is no pass or fail, so there’s no need to stress! You MUST take the test to apply for classes, but you don’t have to apply if you change your mind. The Qualifying Exam will be offered at our school on February 15 in the library during school hours.
For more information and to apply for a waiver of the test fees, please contact Angela in the front office. More information will be sent home with your student.
American Lakes a safe campus for all students:
1. Due to supervision, students should not be on campus before 7:30 a.m. and are to leave at their dismissal time. Arrangements for after-school activities should be made ahead of time.
2. Teach your children basic bicycle safety rules. Remind them to walk their bicycle on school grounds, wear a helmet, and lock all bicycles in the bike rack area.
3. Teach your child:
– to walk only in the cross walk
– about what they are to do after school
– to avoid running
4. Please do not park your car in the street and ask your child to cross into traffic or drop off students in the staff parking lot
5. Always check-in the front office before entering school grounds between 8:00 A.M. and 3:30 P.M.
Please make sure you sign-in at the office when coming onto school —regardless of the reason.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US KEEP OUR SCHOOL SAFE!