The English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC) makes recommendations regarding programs for students with second language needs. At BCS, ELAC meets four times a year. The purpose of the ELAC is to provide parents of English Learners opportunities to:
- Learn more about the programs offered to their children
- Participate in the school’s needs assessment of students, parents, and teachers
- Provide input in the most effective ways to support full participation of English Learners in all school activities
- Provide input on the most effective ways to ensure regular school attendance.
- Join this committee to share and discuss ways to support our English Learners.
If you’d like to get involved in the ELAC Committee please attend one of the meetings in the school library on the second Tuesday of every month at 2:30 pm. Contact our EL Coordinator if you have any questions. Childcare is provided.