January 14, 2022
Due to the Omicron surge, we are changing how we identify and communicate if someone has been a close contact, or exposed, to someone who has tested positive for COVID. If a person is identified as positive in your student’s class or program, you will receive a notification email and supporting text message. The email will include quarantine options as well as suggestions for testing within the Natomas community. Please be aware that you may receive an increase in communications home- as many as one email a day per student in your household; however, your student is not at additional risk. Our goal is to inform parents/guardians as quickly as possible of any potential exposure.
Please note that if your student comes to school, we will assume they are vaccinated or are being tested. To have your student tested, you may take them to our daily clinic at 1931 Arena Blvd, they may choose to be tested during office hours at the school site, or you may opt to do a home test or take them to a private practitioner. The choice is yours.
If your student is in extracurricular activities, and has been exposed, they may not participate in their activities, including sports, until day eight after exposure. If your student is in extracurricular activities, and you wish to appeal this decision, please contact your site administrator.
Reminder regarding testing hours and locations:
- 1931 Arena Blvd
- Staff and students only: 7 am – 9 am. We close promptly at 9 as we need to get to the school sites.
- Tuesday, 10- 3:30 pm. This is the community clinic. No one will be able to get in line after 3:30.
- Monday and Friday- 7 am – 7 pm at Urgent Care Now Natomas. UCNN is a full urgent care facility. If you are not feeling well, make an appointment. There is no charge. Testing is limited to symptomatic individuals.
- Check with your school site for posted office hours.
Districts are receiving rapidly changing guidance for how we address COVID. This COVID Communication page will be updated regularly when new information is received. This page will describe how NUSD is planning to address the guidance that has been received. ONLY changes are reported here. Please see the COVID Safety Plan for additional information.
January 10, 2022
Based on changes received from SCPH on January 8, 2022
Quarantine periods (see Section 8 of the COVID Safety Plan for more details):
- Exposure for Non-vaccinated Student/Staff who AGREE to Test: If student/staff is symptom free, was masked at school and has consented to testing, modified quarantine is provided.
- Test as soon as possible after the exposure. Test once after day 5 (on day 6). Change: no longer testing twice weekly
- Remain symptom free
- Cannot participate in extracurricular activities until day 8. Students may attend after school programs located on school grounds.
- Outside Exposure- In the Home: Symptom free vaccinated Student/staff may return to school but must be tested between day 3 and 5. If symptoms develop, they must stay home for the quarantine period followed by positive individuals. Change: no need for vaccinated individuals to quarantine with in-home exposure. Person must test on day 5, but consider testing as early as day 3.
Unvaccinated individuals must stay home for a minimum of five (5) days and test after the 5th day. If the test is negative, the individual can return to campus on day 6. If the individual is symptomatic, or chooses not to test, they return to campus on day 11.