Employee Benefits


Employee Benefits

The Payroll and Benefits Technicians in the Financial Services Department processes health and welfare benefits. This includes medical, dental and vision services.  If you are in the NTA Bargaining Unit, click here.   All other employees, click here.

For assistance with employee benefits, please contact:

Payroll/Benefits Technician – Substitutes and Excess Class Size                      Julie Jensen                                             567-5487

Payroll/Benefits Technician (Last name A to K)                                                  Amanda Hill-Benham                               561-5204

Payroll/Benefits Technician (Last name L to Z)                                                  Charlene Cottam                                      567-5486

Benefits Department Frequently Asked Questions

Can I change my benefits plans when its not open enrollment?

You can change your plan at any time of year, if you have a qualifying event. Examples of a qualifying event are: Birth, Adoption, Marriage, loss of other coverage (self, spouse or dependents). For a full list please contact benefits.

What are the qualifying factors for FMLA?  How do I know if I qualify?

The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) can be of assistance if you need to take time off from work because of your own serious illness or due to family responsibilities. All covered employers (typically employers of over 50 workers) provide eligible employees up to 12 weeks of unpaid FMLA leave during any 12 month period.

There are 4 factors to consider:

    1. You need to have been employed by the employer for at least 12 months.
    2. You need to have actually worked 1250 hours in the 12 months prior to the leave (excluding all paid and unpaid time off, including sick leave and vacation).
    3. You work at a worksite with 50 or more employees are employed by the employer within 75 miles of the worksite. (Natomas Unified School District does this)
    4. You have not taken 12 workweeks of FMLA and/or CFRA leave during the appropriate 12-month period prior to the present request. Contact the Benefits Department for further details.

How do I get a Delta Dental Card?

Go to www.deltadentalins.com and register as a new user, need to register (in the green box). After registering, click on Just for Delta Dental of California enrollees, log in again using the same login information, and go to view eligibility and benefits (and print ID cards). Print your ID card from that page.