The Natomas Health and Wellness Committee provides recommendations and guidance to the Administration on issues related to school wellness, including:
- student nutrition and food services;
- physical activity and walk to school/safe routes programs;
- staff wellness and professional development in health;
- and other health-related and school environment-related issues, activities, policies, and programs.
- physical education, health education, and nutrition education;
- student health and well-being and nursing services;
- parent involvement in school wellness;
The committee helps recommend strategies and as possible assists, with implementation, monitoring, reviewing and revising school wellness policies. The committee also serves as resource to school sites in implementing these policies.
Please contact Business Services at 567-5457 if you are interested in becoming a member of this committee.