Teacher Employment Opportunities
Natomas Unified School District is recruiting committed, collaborative, caring and exemplary teachers. Professional educators eager to prepare students to graduate as college and career ready, productive, responsible, and engaged global citizens are strongly encouraged to apply. Natomas Unified School District is engaged in strategic initiatives designed to align our educational programs and services to support every student, every day.
Why Teach in NUSD?
Natomas Unified is a growing Sacramento County school district on the move, serving about 15,000 students and committed to the Board approved vision that all students graduate as “college and career ready, productive, responsible, and engaged global citizens.”
- More than nine of every ten high school students graduate, and the district is a county leader in the percentage of 12th-graders meeting California’s four-year college entrance requirements.
- Students can choose among rigorous academic and career training programs that best suit their needs and interests, including International Baccalaureate, AP Capstone, and Career Technical Education pathways in Engineering, Health, Broadcast Media, Digital Media, Transportation, Building and Construction Trades, Public Safety, Hospitality, Business/Entrepreneurship, Visual Arts/Technology and Music Production coming Fall 2020.
- Proud of its standing as one of the most diverse school districts in the county, NUSD has been honored twice by the College Board for providing exemplary college-level academic opportunities to traditionally underrepresented students.
- Voter passage of a $129 million bond measure in 2014 has helped NUSD expand 21st century learning opportunities, increase access to technology, boost career readiness programs, enhance safety and security, repair and renovate campuses, and prepare for future growth by expanding and building schools.
Thousands of new students are projected over the next decade, setting the stage for a bright NUSD future for many years to come.
School Support for Continuous Improvement
- Each elementary school site is supported with a School Support Team comprised of District level staff eager to provide feedback and ideas.
- Instructional Leadership Technology available to provide instructional leadership, assess student performance and communicate effectively.
- NUSD is creating Curriculum Alignment Guides(CAG), collaboratively developed to reach Common Core Standards.
- Benchmark Assessments are being designed to drive the instructional process and meet the needs of every student.
- Providing students with technology has become a major initiative of the district as exemplified by the ongoing purchase of Chromebooks for student use during daily instruction.
- Opportunities are provided to all staff for ongoing professional development in order to facilitate our ability to provide services that meet the diverse needs of our students.
- Leadership pathways are available to capture exemplary talent and develop professional potential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to broadening the diversity of our workplace. All applications and resumes are welcome. The Natomas Unified School District is determined to provide district employees, interns, volunteers and job applicants a safe, positive environment where they are assured of full and equal employment access and opportunities, protection from harassment or intimidation, and freedom from any fear of reprisal or retribution for asserting their employment rights in accordance with law. No district employee, and, to the extent required by law, interns, volunteers, and job applicants shall be discriminated against or harassed by any coworker, supervisor, manager, or other person with whom the employee comes in contact in the course of employment, on the basis of the actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, or sexual orientation or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. For concerns regarding discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying in employment, you should immediately contact Angela Herrera, Chief Academic Officer (Compliance Office for Title IX and CC of R Title 5) at 916-561-5253, [email protected] or 1901 Arena Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834. A copy of Natomas Unified School District’s uniform complaint policy and non-discrimination policy are available upon request.