Welcome to the Research and Data Department
The Research and Data Department manages student information systems, assessments, surveys, reports, and registration/enrollment for new students. Our five priorities below detail our work and resources available to our students, staff, and community.
Ensuring students are on track to graduate
Informing teaching and learning
- Assessing student learning with the annual CAASPP test along with the PSAT, SAT, and Physical Fitness Tests.
- Providing reports to teachers and site leaders helps evaluate and plan what students are learning in classrooms
- Using data helps teachers review the effectiveness of their instructional practice in their classroom
Ensuring students and their families are informed
- Data and reports are prepared to inform our stakeholders about what’s happening in our district and schools
- Parent/family messaging systems keep families up to date about their own students… need help, visit our Parent Portal page
- Parents are able to view their children’s grades and attendance through the new Infinite Campus Parent Portal
Listening to the needs of our students, staff, and community
Improving planning and decision making
In Natomas Unified School District we use the Cycle of Continuous Learning and Improvement to guide our progress over time. In 2017, Natomas created The Next 5 Strategic Plan to chart the next 5 years of progress and improvement in the district. We also created the District Progress Report, a tool to see how Natomas is doing along the way to achieve our district goals.
- Assessment results from tests like the, PSAT, ACT, and CAASPP help school and district leaders plan school schedules and planning for staffing needs
General Department Inquiries: (916) 561-5269
Joel Rabin, Assistant Superintendent
Kristy Cha, Administrative Assistant
AJ Giersch, Director
Rachelle Cypher, Coordinator III
Carolyn Spahr, Research and Data Analyst I
Michelle Jett, Research and Data Analyst II
Dawn Mize, Research and Data Analyst III
Martina Hayes, Student Information Systems Specialist