EARLY LEARNING AND SCHOOL READINESS
Natomas Unified School District offers several Early Learning opportunities for our students.
Natomas School Readiness Preschools:
Two Rivers Elementary: 3201 W. River Dr.
Witter Ranch Elementary: 3790 Poppy Hill Way
H. Allen Hight Elementary: 3200 North Park Dr.
Natomas Park Elementary: 4700 Crest Dr.
American Lakes School: 2800 Stonecreek Dr.
Jefferson School: 2001 Pebblewood Dr.
Our free half day (3 hr) School Readiness preschools are led by credentialed teachers. NUSD School Readiness Preschools provide developmentally appropriate experiences with foundational academic and social-emotional skills to prepare students for school success. This program runs from August-May, on the same calendar as our schools. Enrollment priority given to:
- Students who will be 4 on or before September 1st
- Students living in the Natomas Unified attendance areas
- Students who meet the income qualifications for state preschool
All NUSD families are welcome to apply Preschool applications are available at natomasunified.org, all elementary school sites or at the NUSD Education Center, 1901 Arena Blvd-contact 916-532-8985 for information or email [email protected]
Completion of an application does not guarantee acceptance. You will be contacted by mail. Completed applications can be faxed to 916-567-5511 or submitted in person to the Education Center at 1901 Arena Blvd, at the Natomas School Readiness Office located at Witter Ranch Elementary 3700 Poppy Hill Way, 95834 or at any elementary school site.
Our First 5 funded School Readiness Program offers a variety of workshops and parent resources , as well as a preschool program at American Lakes, Jefferson, Natomas Park, H. Allen Hight, Two Rivers, & Witter Ranch Elementary. Contact 916-532-8985 or email [email protected] for more information to get on our information list.
Transitional Kindergarten is:
- Offered to all students who will turn 5 between September 2nd and December 2nd of the academic year they are enrolling
- An opportunity for our students to have an additional year of experience working with peers and foundational skills before beginning Kindergarten.
- Full Day -same hours as Kindergarten approximately 6hrs (7:45-1:40 approx)
Offered across the state, transitional kindergarten (TK) is an exciting educational opportunity for children born in the fall. Transitional kindergarten offers children with birthdays between September and December a developmentally appropriate curriculum aligned with kindergarten standards, taught by credentialed teachers from K-12. TK was created by a new California law called the Kindergarten Readiness Act. Transitional Kindergarten is currently offered at:
- American Lakes School
- Bannon Creek School
- H. Allen Hight Elementary
- Natomas Park Elementary
- Two Rivers Elementary
- Witter Ranch Elementary
To register for Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten visit natomasunified.org, or any NUSD school site.
For more information on Transitional Kindergarten (TK) please visit TK California for Parents.
Full Day Kindergarten
- For students who will turn 5 on or before September 2nd of the academic year they are enrolling
- A California Common Core State Standards aligned academic program which combines direct instruction, small group instruction, hands on activities and the use of technology to provide a rich and well rounded program
- Full Day- approximately 6hrs (7:45-1:40 approx)