2019-2020 NOW ACCEPTING INITIAL INTEREST FORMS!!!!
Free Preschool program for children 4 years old and based on INCOME ELIGIBILITY.
Natomas School Readiness Preschools:
Two Rivers Elementary: 3201 W. River Dr.
Witter Ranch Elementary: 3790 Poppy Hill Way
H. Allen Hight Elementary: 3200 North Park Dr.
Natomas Park Elementary: 4700 Crest Dr.
American Lakes School: 2800 Stonecreek Dr.
Jefferson School: 2001 Pebblewood Dr.
Our free half day (3 hr) School Readiness preschools are led by credentialed teachers. NUSD School Readiness Preschools provide developmentally appropriate experiences with foundational academic and social-emotional skills to prepare students for school success. This program runs from August-May, on the same calendar as our schools.
Eligibility is based on documentation and verification of at least one of the following:
2. Recipient of child protective services or at risk of neglect, abuse or exploitation
3. A current cash aid recipient
Children age 4 by December 2
Current Income Eligibility Chart
All NUSD families are welcome to submit their Initial Interest Form at the NUSD Education Center, 1901 Arena Blvd or Fax to 916-567-5629 for information contact 916-532-8985 or email [email protected]
Once your initial interest form is received it will be reviewed to determine eligibility. Families will be contacted by email, phone or mail as to the status of their interest form. Students are enrolled based on first come first serve basis so it’s important to submit the interest form as that is the date used to determine order of enrollment.
If, based on information provided on the interest form, you are eligible for the program you will be pre-qualified and a preschool office specialist will contact you to schedule a meeting. At the meeting families will complete the state application and provide proof of income. The state application is the official document used to verify income and determine eligibility. If you meet all qualifications, a preschool enrollment packet will be provided and you will be asked to provide additional documents. You MUST meet ALL REQUIREMENTS in order to qualify for our program.
Once you receive the enrollment packet, you are responsible to complete and submit all required paperwork and documentation including an annual physical exam signed by your physician.
We look forward working with your family!
Transitional Kindergarten is:
- Offered to all students who will turn 5 between September 2nd and December 2nd of the academic year they are enrolling
- An opportunity for our students to have an additional year of experience working with peers and foundational skills before beginning Kindergarten.
- Full Day -same hours as Kindergarten approximately 6hrs (7:45-1:40 approx)
Offered across the state, transitional kindergarten (TK) is an exciting educational opportunity for children born in the fall. Transitional kindergarten offers children with birthdays between September and December a developmentally appropriate curriculum aligned with kindergarten standards, taught by credentialed teachers from K-12. TK was created by a new California law called the Kindergarten Readiness Act. Transitional Kindergarten is currently offered at:
- American Lakes School
- Bannon Creek School
- H. Allen Hight Elementary
- Natomas Park Elementary
- Two Rivers Elementary
- Witter Ranch Elementary
- Heron Elementary
- Paso Verde Elementary
To register for Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten visit natomasunified.org, or any NUSD school site.
For more information on Transitional Kindergarten (TK) please visit TK California for Parents.
Full Day Kindergarten
- For students who will turn 5 on or before September 2nd of the academic year they are enrolling
- A California Common Core State Standards aligned academic program which combines direct instruction, small group instruction, hands on activities and the use of technology to provide a rich and well rounded program
- Full Day- approximately 6hrs (7:45-1:40 approx)