Registration and Enrollment in Natomas Unified
Welcome to the NUSD Registration and Enrollment website. Natomas Unified is a growing district with exceptional schools and programs from preschool through adult school. To register in one of our schools, review the information on this page and then select the appropriate type of registration application at the bottom of the page. Make sure you complete the correct application, have the required supporting documents, and submit your application online or on paper as soon as it is complete. If you have questions, call us at (916) 567-5819.
Timeline for 2018-2019 Registration and Enrollment
Enrollment windows listed below apply to in boundary new student enrollment and Intradistrict School Transfer Voluntary Requests only.
Enrollment Period #1: December 1, 2017 – January 31, 2018
On or after March 1, 2018 families will be notified of status and placement options for enrollment packets received through January 31, 2018
Enrollment Period #2: February 1, 2018 – March 30, 2018
On or after May 1, 2018 families will be notified of status and placement options for enrollment packets received through March 30, 2018
Enrollment Period #3: April 1, 2018 – June 8, 2018
On or after June 18, 2018 families will be notified of status and placement options for enrollment packets received through June 8, 2018
Enrollment Period #4: June 10, 2018 – August 1, 2018
Families will be notified of status and placement options for enrollment packets received through August 1, 2018, as quickly as possible
Enrollment Period #5: August 2, 2018, and Beyond
Notification of placement will be determined at the time of enrollment
Find Your School
The first step to registration is to verify that you live in the NUSD boundary and to determine the student’s NUSD boundary school. This can be done by visiting the School Locator tool to determine your child’s school of attendance based on school boundaries.
- If you live outside the NUSD Boundaries you need to apply for an Interdistrict Transfer.
- If you live within the NUSD Boundaries but want to transfer to a different school select option 2 below.
Overcrowding and Capacity Issues
When a school is overcrowded, attendance area students may need to attend another school in the district. There is no guarantee that a student will be assigned to his/her attendance area school. In addition, transportation is not provided for general education students unless otherwise noted. Also, applications to transfer into an NUSD does not guarantee placement into the requested school. For a complete explanation of the rules regarding school capacity issues, go HERE.
Preschool, Transitional Kindergarten, or Kindergarten?
Transitional Kindergarten: Students who are born on or before September 1, 2013 meet the age eligibility to attend Kindergarten. Students whose birthdays are between September 2- December 2, 2013 are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten. Do not complete online registration or a paper registration packet for students born after December 2, 2013. Instead, review the Natomas School Readiness Preschool Application HERE.
Preschool Registration: Online and paper registrations for students who are not eligible for Transitional Kindergarten will not be considered through the TK-12 In Boundary Registration Process. For preschool information please click HERE.
Types of Student Enrollment
1. In Boundary TK-12 Registration for families who live within NUSD boundaries and want to attend their neighborhood attendance area school
2. In Boundary TK-12 Intradistrict School Transfer Voluntary for families who live within the NUSD boundaries and want to attend a DIFFERENT NUSD school
3. Outside NUSD Boundary Request to Register for families who live outside NUSD boundaries in another school district and want to attend an NUSD school
The Nutrition Services department is made up of a team of food and nutrition professionals that are dedicated to students’ health, well-being and their ability to learn. For more information, click HERE.
Under state statutes, children in California are required to receive certain immunizations in order to attend public and private elementary and secondary schools, child care centers, family day care homes, nursery schools, day nurseries, and developmental centers. Schools, child care centers, and family child care homes are required to enforce immunization requirements, maintain immunization records of all children enrolled, and submit reports. Click HERE for more information about immunization requirements to attend school in NUSD.
Buses and Transportation
NUSD does not operate buses to and from every school. To see if your student can ride an NUSD bus to and from school, visit this website.
Students using District-operated services are required to have bus identification cards. For more information about the NUSD Transportation Department, click here.
Questions? Need Help?
- Start by speaking to staff at the school site you are currently attending or your neighborhood school.
- You can also call the Registration and Enrollment Desk at 916-567-5819
- You can stop by the District Office to speak with a Registration and Enrollment Expert at 1901 Arena Blvd.
- You may also email the Registration Desk at [email protected]
- If you still need help, contact the Constituent and Customer Services Office by email or call 916-561-5253.