Welcome to the NUSD Registration and Enrollment website. Natomas Unified is a growing district with exceptional schools and programs from preschool through adult school. To enroll in one of our schools (TK-12), review the information on this page and then select the appropriate type of enrollment application at the bottom of the page. Make sure you complete the correct application, have the required supporting documents, and submit your application online or on paper as soon as it is complete.
If you have questions, call us at (916) 567-5819.
Timeline for 2019-2020 Registration and Enrollment
Enrollment windows listed below apply to in boundary new student enrollment and Intradistrict School Transfer Voluntary Requests only.
Enrollment Period 1: December 1, 2018 – January 31, 2019
On or after March 1, 2019, families will be notified of status and placement options for applications received through January 31, 2019
Enrollment Period 2: February 1 – March 29, 2019
On or after May 1, 2019, families will be notified of status and placement options for applications received between February 1- March 29, 2019.
Enrollment Period 3: March 30 – June 7, 2019
On or after June 18, 2019, families will be notified of status and placement options for applications received between March 30 – June 7, 2019.
Enrollment Period 4: June 8 – August 1, 2019
Families will be notified of status and placement options for applications received through August 1, as quickly as possible.
Enrollment Period 5: August 2, 2019, and Beyond
Placement will be determined at the time of enrollment.
Note that applications will be processed during the enrollment window when the application is considered complete, not when the application is first submitted. If the supporting documents are not attached, then your application is not considered complete. All applications received during the enrollment windows have the same priority regardless of what day a complete application is received within the window.
Find Your School
The first step to enroll your student(s) is to verify that you live in the NUSD boundary and to determine the student’s NUSD boundary school. This can be done by visiting the School Locator tool to determine your student’s school of attendance based on school boundaries.
The School Locator provides a map of the district and the name(s) of schools located in each neighborhood by home address.
- 2019-2020 School Locator Boundaries
If you live outside the NUSD Boundaries you need to apply for an Interdistrict Transfer. If you live within the NUSD Boundaries but want to transfer to a different school select option 2 below.
Overcrowding and Capacity Issues
When a school is overcrowded, attendance area students may need to attend another school in the district. There is no guarantee that a student will be assigned to his/her attendance area school. In addition, transportation is not provided for general education students unless otherwise noted. Also, applications to transfer into an NUSD does not guarantee placement into the requested school. For a complete explanation of the rules regarding school capacity issues, please visit the School Enrollment and Capacity page.
Preschool, Transitional Kindergarten, or Kindergarten?
Transitional Kindergarten: Students who are born on or before September 1, 2014 meet the age eligibility to attend Kindergarten. Students whose birthdays are between September 2- December 2, 2014 are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten. Do not complete online registration or a paper registration packet for students born after December 2, 2014. Instead, review the Natomas School Readiness Initial Interest Preschool Form.
Preschool Registration: Online and paper registrations for students who are not eligible for Transitional Kindergarten will not be considered through the TK-12 In Boundary Registration Process. For preschool information, please visit the Early Learning page.
Types of Student Enrollment
1. In Boundary TK-12 Enrollment for families who live within NUSD boundaries and want to attend their neighborhood attendance area school
2. In Boundary TK-12 Intradistrict School Transfer Voluntary for families who live within the NUSD boundaries and want to attend a DIFFERENT NUSD school
3. Outside NUSD Boundary Request to Enroll for families who live outside NUSD boundaries in another school district and want to attend an NUSD school
The Nutrition Services department is made up of a team of food and nutrition professionals that are dedicated to students’ health, well-being and their ability to learn. Visit the Nutrition Services website for more information.
Under state statutes, children in California are required to receive certain immunizations in order to attend public and private elementary and secondary schools, child care centers, family day care homes, nursery schools, day nurseries, and developmental centers. Schools, child care centers, and family child care homes are required to enforce immunization requirements, maintain immunization records of all children enrolled, and submit reports. For more information regarding immunization requirements, please visit the Health Services page.
Buses and Transportation
NUSD does not operate buses to and from every school. To see if your student can ride an NUSD bus to and from school, visit the Service Availability page.
Students using District-operated services are required to have bus identification cards. Please visit the Transportation Department for more information.
Questions? Need Help? Schedule an Appointment
- Click here to schedule an enrollment appointment at the District Office.
- Speak to staff at the school site you are currently attending or your neighborhood school.
- You can also call the Enrollment Desk at 916-567-5819
- You can stop by the District Office to speak with an Enrollment expert at 1901 Arena Blvd.
- You may also email the Registration Desk at [email protected]
- If you still need help, contact Constituent and Customer Services by email or call (916) 561-5253.
1. NUSD is currently accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year. ENROLL NOW. View Option 1 for more information.
2. For details on Intradistrict School Transfer Voluntary requests (transferring between NUSD schools) view Option 2.
3. For details on Interdistrict Transfer Permits (transferring into NUSD from another school district) view Option 3.
4. An application for enrollment, even for families who reside within the NUSD Boundary, does not guarantee placement at your requested school. You can review rules about enrollment and capacity here.