How do I know what school my child(ren) should attend?

You can check your boundary school by going to the School Locator, selecting the school year you are applying for, and entering your address.

How do I enroll in my boundary school?

You can review a list of Enrollment Requirements and then complete your Online Registration

Or you can complete a paper application HERE, o paquete de Inscripción – Español HERE and return the application(s) to your boundary school or the district office.  Paper applications are also available at the school site or the district office.

What should I do if my address changes?

Take an updated proof of residency document (e.g., a utility or cable bill) to your child’s school and request to update your address. The front office staff will update your address on file.

How do I request to attend a different school in Natomas Unified School District (NUSD)?

If your child(ren) are currently enrolled in an NUSD school, and you wish to attend another NUSD school, you must complete an Intradistrict Open Enrollment Transfer request form. This form can be found at www.natomasunified.org/enrollment. Students who request to return to their boundary school will not automatically be enrolled at that school; determination will be based on capacity and Board Policy.

How do I enroll my child(ren) in an NUSD school if I don’t live in the NUSD boundaries?

If you do NOT live in the NUSD boundaries, you are required to request an Interdistrict Transfer Permit (ITP) to attend NUSD school. Information can be found at www.natomasunified.org/enrollment. For more information on the ITP process, please call your current school district or the Enrollment Team at 916-567-5819.  

If my child(ren) is currently enrolled at a school through the Intradistrict transfer process, do I need to re-submit this form for next school year?

No. Once the district approves an Intradistrict Open Enrollment Transfer request, and the student is enrolled, you do not need to re-apply to the same school in subsequent years. However, the approval does not follow the student to a new school. 

I’ve heard that my neighborhood school is overcrowded. Can I still enroll my child(ren) at this school?

When a school is overcrowded, attendance area students may need to attend another school in the district. There is no guarantee that a student will be assigned to their boundary school. When a school is overcrowded, the student will be placed on a waitlist for that school. This happens at the end of the year or during the school year. For details regarding possible waitlists at overcrowded contact the school site. During the school year, if enrollment drops to a level where the students on the wait list can be accommodated, parents will be contacted with the option to return to the boundary school. 

For more information or if you have more questions, visit the NUSD Enrollment page at www.natomasunified.org/enrollment or contact the Enrollment department by phone at (916) 567-5819 or email [email protected].