NUSD Students Requesting to Transfer to a Different NUSD School
An Intradistrict Open Enrollment Transfer is a request for placement into the requested school and is not guaranteed.
2020-2021 Intradistrict open enrollment transfer requests submitted on or before Jan. 31 will be notified of the status of their application by Feb. 15.
2020-2021 Intradistrict open enrollment transfer requests submitted after Jan. 31 will be notified of the status of their application by the 15th of the following month, starting on March 15.
An Intradistrict open enrollment transfer request may be approved, based on available space at the school being requested, among other factors – visit the School Enrollment and Capacity page for more information. The Intradistrict open enrollment transfer is a request and does not guarantee that your student will be placed at the requested school.
2019-2020: Current School Year
If your student is currently enrolled in an NUSD school and you live in the NUSD boundary, you can request to change schools:
- Complete the Intradistrict Transfer form (en Español).
- Return this form to the school where your student is currently enrolled.
If your student will be new to NUSD in the 2019-2020 school year:
2020-2021: Future School Year
If your student is already enrolled in an NUSD school and you want to change schools next school year:
- Complete the electronic Intradistrict Open Enrollment Request form (en Español) or the hard copy Intradistrict Open Enrollment Transfer Request form (en Español).
If your student will be new to NUSD in the 2020-2021 school year:
- First, complete the Online Registration or Paper Registration Packet (en Espanol) and attach the required documents to complete your enrollment.
- Second, complete the electronic Intradistrict Open Enrollment Transfer Request form (en Espanol) or the hard copy Intradistrict Open Enrollment Transfer Request form (en Espanol). Hard copy Intradistrict Open Enrollment Transfer requests can be turned into the school site or the district office.
If you need help with your enrollment, choose one of the following below:
- Start by speaking to staff at the school site you are currently attending or your boundary school
- You can also call or email the Enrollment Desk at (916) 567-5819 or [email protected]
- You can stop by the District Office to speak with an enrollment expert at 1901 Arena Blvd. Mondays through Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you still need help, please email Constituent and Customer Services or call (916) 561-5253.