Membership Drive Ends Nov. 30!
Frequently Asked Questions...
1. How long is the Membership Drive active?
The PTSA is now accepting registration forms for the new school year!!! Deadline to submit your membership forms and payment is Wednesday, November 30, 2016. Please have your forms into your teacher by that day so they make it to the PTSA box in time. The class with the most memberships per student will win a Pizza Party!!
2. Where do I get a membership form?
- Heron office
- Heron website
- PTSA Facebook Page (for returning members)
- 4th “R”
- Room Reps have E-mailed it to class
3. Where do I turn in my completed form?
Completed forms (don’t forget to include your child’s teacher’s name) and payment (payable to Heron School PTSA) can be turned into the front office or sent back to the teacher in your child’s homework folder. They will make sure it is placed in the PTSA box.
4. How much does PTSA Membership Cost?
Memberships are individual. Adults/Parents = $8; Students = $5; Teachers/Staff = $5
5. Is there a Family Membership?
No, all memberships are individual. Heron PTSA is required to pay dues based on the number of individuals in our membership.
6. Should I still join even if I am unable to volunteer my time for a committee?
It is not a requirement to volunteer for a committee when you join the PTSA. Of course PTSA welcomes all volunteers! We do realize everyone’s schedules and interests are different. Some members are able to give more time than money and some more money than time. Everyone’s membership is very important!
7. What does PTSA stand for?
Parent Teacher Student Association
8. What do I get for joining PTSA?
- Each member will receive a 2016-2017 Membership Card.
- By joining PTSA you show your children that school matters, and that you are invested in their success
- You take an active part in helping the existing membership grow stronger
- Opportunities to be active in the school community
- PTSA members receive discounts at businesses like Hertz, Legoland, Staples and California Academy of Sciences (just to name a few!)
- You will receive communications from the PTSA Board and are eligible to be a member of the PTSA Facebook Group
- Members will receive FREE entry into the annual Barn Dance!
9. How does PTSA benefit Heron School?
- Health—Sponsors of Footloose Fridays which promotes physical activity, healthy lifestyle and meeting fellow Flyers
- Welcome Events—sponsored Back to School Picnic treats for new students and families at Kindergarten Ice Cream Social
- Environment—Hooks purchased and installed outside of all classrooms so bags and jackets are no longer tripping hazards; campus beautification projects
- Community—Sponsor and run events to strengthen school community and opportunity for families to meet
- Barn Dance & Carnival; Family Science Nights; Family Reading Night/Book Fair; Muffins with Mom (Mothers Day); Donuts with Dad (Fathers Day); Flyer Fest; Block Party (end of school celebration)...to name just a few.
- Field Trips—help to off-set costs for field trips to assure all students can attend
- Celebrations — Sponsored 8th Grade Promotion
- Equipment—assist in purchasing equipment to further science and technology focused curriculum
- Advocacy—A portion of dues sent to the higher level PTAs (Council/District/State/National)...which provides advocacy to improve the education, health and safety of all children.