1. How many seats are available in the CECA program?
Beginning in 2018-2019 school year, with the help of ARC, CECA was able to expand its 9th grade acceptance from 2 full AVID sections (approximately 65 students) to four full AVID sections (approximately 130 students).
2. My student will be a 10th grader next year. Can they still apply to CECA?
Sophomores can apply to the program. However, availability is extremely limited, as availability is dependent on openings left by 9th graders exiting the program. Visit the Sophomore CECA Application web page to learn more.
3. When is the application window?
The application window for Freshman opens November 15th and closes on February 15th.
The application window for Sophomores opens February 16th and closes on March 16th.
4. What is the process by which students are selected for admission?
Applications are confidentially reviewed by a committee and scored on a rubric. The committee includes an administrator(s), CECA/AVID coordinator, counselor, ARC staff member(s), current CECA parent(s), and current CECA student(s).
5. If my student isn’t enrolled in CECA, can they still access advanced education college coursework at ARC?
Absolutely! Enrollment in advanced education coursework at ARC is available to all Inderkum students that meet Los Rios Community College District’s criteria. Please contact your student’s counselor for additional information. Los Rios specific information can be found at http://www.losrios.edu/advanceded/.
6. Is there a wait list?
There is not a wait list for the program. However, CECA accepts a few more students than available slots, based on the fact that some students decline their acceptance.
7. Is there a preference given to siblings of current students in the CECA program?
No. There is no additional consideration for acceptance based on sibling status.
8. When can I expect to find out if my student has been accepted into the CECA program?
Students will be notified via email by the end of April whether or not they have been accepted into the CECA program.