Welcome to the Information Technology Department
Our department’s mission is to provide the highest quality service to staff and students of the Natomas Unified School District in an effort to support our district’s vision of graduating all students as college and career ready, productive, responsible, and engaged global citizens.
Our department is newly formed, and our team has identified several goals we want to achieve as we serve you:
- Progressive thinking
- Timely response
- Quality customer service
- Positive community perception
- Positive attitude
We are currently designing structures to ensure that we are able to meet our district vision. We appreciate your patience and would like to hear from you.
Below are quick links to commonly accessed information.
- Learn how to use the student Chromebooks
- Submit a work order if your equipment is not functioning as you expect
- Contact the RD Department for Infinite Campus, assessments, accountability, data, or reports
- Leave a suggestion
We look forward to serving you.
NUSD Knowledge Base
We are always striving to improve our service, and are happy to introduce to staff the new NUSD Knowledge Base (KB). The KB is a place to house resources and information in the form of topical articles that are intended to support staff needs at just the right time. We want to provide “just-in-time” learning to staff when they find themselves in need of support and would rather find a quick answer than submit a help desk work ticket. These resources are available 24/7/365. And, if you still find yourself in need after accessing the KB, please submit a work ticket in the usual fashion so that one of our experts can help you.
The KB can be found by going to the “Technical Support Help Desk” link on the Staff page of the NUSD website. Once you are in the KB, there are multiple ways to search for your topic or need, and if you still need support after accessing the KB, you can “Submit a Work Order” from the red button in the middle of the page.
In addition, we have provided a brief screencast video to assist visual learners with accessing this new resource. Lastly, if you ever find that a topic of need is not addressed in the KB, You can do one of two things:
- Submit a work order with the topic as a recommended article for us to develop, OR
- Submit a KB article for review that we can include to improve the KB if you have found the answers you need independently, and know it will be a recurring need for staff. (Please refer to the video for more information.)
We expect this resource to grow and expand with us as a district, and look to our staff as we seek to provide better, more customized service.