- Assistant Principals
- Campus Safety Staff
- Registrar and Transcript Request
Scott Pitts, Principal
Amy Bingham, School Secretary
Pamela Rothwell, School Secretary
Roselyn Tillinghast, School Secretary
Gema Galvan, Office Specialist
Welcome to the Student Responsibility Center (SRC)!
The Assistant Principals facilitate student progress toward graduation by overseeing day-to-day activities. These activities include solving conflicts, providing academic, social, and behavior counseling. Our Assistant Principals also oversee appropriate and timely interventions, hearing and resolving complaints from students, parents, staff, and the school community, and applying discipline when necessary. The goal is to create a safe environment where students can identify and gain access to available programs, allowing Nighthawks to be successful and thriving citizens. Please call (916) 641-4960 or email one of our Assistant Principals if you have any questions.
Mr. Erik Jones, Assistant Principal
Patrick Durant, Assistant Principal
Brian Sanino, Assistant Principal
Nena Cortez, Attendance Technician
Attendance Office: 916-641-4960 ext. 3030
Natomas High School has high-quality staff members who work very hard to provide each student with a rigorous curriculum, personalized attention as well as fun and exciting co/extra-curricular activities.
Therefore, it is each student’s responsibility to attend each of his/her classes every day on time. The primary consideration is to receive a quality education. All studies regarding student attendance point toward the same result, “Good attendance has a strong correlation with student performance!”
Parents/guardians, please notify the attendance technician, Nena Cortez, at [email protected] or by calling 916-641-4960 ext 3031 to clear all absences. Please include the following information:
- Student’s full legal name (please print name clearly)
- The day(s) and date(s) of absence(s)
- Reason for the absence
- Caller’s/writer’s name and the relationship to the student
- Home and work phone numbers
All absences not cleared within 72 hours of the student’s return will be considered a truancy.
Students will be given make-up work for excused absences. Students are required to turn in all make-up work within 48 hours after each day of an excused absence. Please be aware that not all absences will be excused. Below are the 8 reasons for an excused absence:
The Education Code lists the following as the only legal excuses for absences from school:
- Personal Illness: The school may require certification from a doctor if it is deemed advisable. (After 5 or more days of absence due to illness, a note from a doctor is required)
- Quarantine in the Home: An absence arising from this condition is limited to the length of quarantine as fixed by county or city health officer.
- Death of a Relative: For the purpose of attending the funeral services of a member of the immediate family. One day for in-state, and three days for out of state.
- Medical Appointment: Services rendered include medical, dental, optometry or chiropractic. Any student absence due to a doctor or dental appointment must be cleared with written proof of the appointment from the doctor or dental office.
- Court date-needs court verification
- School Activity
- In School Suspension
- Jury Duty/Court Appearance
- Short Term Independent Study
Natomas High School is a closed campus, which means that students are not permitted to leave school once the school day has started. Students who leave campus without permission will receive truancies for the periods missed and may receive a home suspension for a period of 1 to 5 days of depending upon the severity of the offense.
Appointments: To leave the school during class time or between classes, a student should bring a note from the parent/guardian, prior to the beginning of the school day, stating the reason for leaving and the time to be dismissed from school (or school staff must be able to reach the parent/guardian by phone in order to secure permission to leave school).
Illness at School: Check out with the Health Office; the health assistant will call home to obtain permission for the student to leave. The student will remain at school until a parent/guardian is contacted to take responsibility for the student. Students must obtain a pass from their teacher to make this call from the Administration Office.
Students who leave campus without obtaining clearance as described above will receive a “cut” for each period missed.
Our counselors are here to help our students in a variety of ways. We will assist students with scheduling courses, planning for college, social advice, and college financial aid information. Our counselors work hard for our students and put all of their energy into ensuring that Natomas High School is the type of environment that encourages students to be successful academically and to consider life after high school. Please contact Mrs. Tillinghast, Counseling Secretary to schedule an appointment with your counselor. Mrs. Tillinghast can be reached at (916) 641-4960 ext. 3020.
Below is a list of our counselors, with the students they serve and contact information.
Maria Cruz Plantilla
Last Name A-Go
(916) 641-4960 ext. 3052
Last Name Gp-M
(916) 641-4960 ext. 3051
Last Name N-Z
(916) 641-4960 ext. 3054
Our Registrar, Mrs. Candice Portrey, will be glad to help with the following student services:
- Student Check Out and Transfers
- Graduation Verification
- Student Transcripts
- Student Records and Cumulative Files
- Communicating with the District Office regarding special student circumstances
- Diplomas and Diploma Reprints
- Report Cards and Progress Reports