Welcome to Natomas Middle School
Home of the Panthers
At Natomas Middle School we believe that everyone has the right and responsibility to achieve his or her educational best. To make this happen, everyone needs a safe and positive environment in which to learn. To be the best we can be, we will:
- Honor individual differences
- Clearly define expectations
- Hold each person accountable for his or her own behaviors
- Teach and model positive behaviors
NMS Mission Statement
Natomas Middle School’s mission is to educate, and inspire all students to become caring, contributing global citizens able to be successful in an ever-changing world. We are committed to focusing on instructional rigor, cultivating individual academic success, and creating community of respectful and responsible problem solvers.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLOs)
All Students will:
Be Responsible by:
- Being Principled – Act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness and justice. We take responsibility for our actions and their consequences.
- Caring – Show empathy, compassion, and respect towards the needs and feelings of others.
- Being Balanced – Understand the importance of intellectual, physical and emotional balance and use time wisely.
Be Respectful by:
- Being Reflective – Think about things to make sure I am on the right track. If not, change things to make the situation better.
- Being a Communicator – Understand and express ideas and information confidently and creatively. Work effectively and willingly in collaboration with others.
- Being Open-Minded – Listen to and respect other people’s thoughts and ideas. Be open to trying new things.
Be a Problem-Solver by:
- Being an Inquirer/Thinker – Be curious and willing to learn about new things. Ask questions to find out more.
- Being a Risk-Taker – Be willing to make mistakes. Be confident and have the courage to try new things.
- Being Knowledgeable – Explore concepts, ideas and issues that have local and global significance.