Requirements for Participation
A student-athlete is eligible to try-out for a sport once the following forms have been completed:
• Natomas Unified School District Athletic Physical Screening
• Emergency Info/Authorization to Transport/Consent to Treat
• Agreement for Team Participation
• Student and parent complete the signature page indicating receipt of the student athletic handbook and knowledge of its contents
Academic Eligibility Standards
1. A minimum of a “C” average (2.0 GPA).
2. No more than one (1) “F” in the certification period.
Discipline Protocol and Justification for Suspension or Removal from a Team
Immediate Suspension or Removal – A student-athlete may be immediately suspended or removed from a team at any time under the following circumstances:
• Fails to follow the direction of an athletic coach
• Cause, attempted to cause, or threatened to cause physical injury to another person, official, coach or other school personnel.
• Committed verbal abuse of a coach, official or other school personnel.
• Engage in disruptive behavior in and around the athletic team during practice, school, school time, travel, competition, etc.
• Engage in harassing other students, coaches, officials, fans or other school personnel committing an obscene act or gesture, or engaging in habitual profanity or vulgarity.
• Violation of the Athletic Code of Conduct.
• Academic ineligibility.