6th GRADE SCIENCE CAMP – 2018
NP3 sixth grade students are invited to attend the 6th annual Science Outdoor Education Camp at Alliance Redwoods in Occidental near Santa Rosa. This camp is an incredible opportunity to experience science and education in nature’s natural state! Camp also provides team building, challenge courses and other day and night activities for learning. Some of these activities include rock-wall climbing, zip-lining, and nature and environmental classes.
Camp details include:
- Length of stay is three days and two nights. Departure from campus is Monday, April 30th and arrival back to campus is Wednesday, May 2nd.
- Buses transport students and chaperons to and from the location.
- Three meals per day are provided by Alliance Redwoods. Special dietary arrangements can be made for your child, if needed.
- A nurse is present, on site, 24-7.
- Camp costs are $240 per student. The fees include transportation, meals, activities and classes.
NP3 has the policy that all students attend camp, unless opting out for personal reasons. We see Camp as an extension of our classrooms and we assume that no child is left behind. In order to make this exciting week work, we do ask for your help with fundraising and donations. Camp is possible when appropriate funds are collected so that all students who want to attend will be able to attend.
We are asking for your support:
- Parent volunteers are extremely important to the process. Volunteers will help with the fundraising/donation process.
- Camp requires up to 24 parent chaperons, depending on the number of students attending camp (1 chaperon per 7 students). Chaperons help make camp happen and are an important part to making this week successful!