Ahoy, NP3 Pirates! This is my first year teaching and I am so excited for the fantastic year of learning we will share together. I come from a science heavy background filled with hands on experiential learning and plan on bringing that into the classroom as often as possible.
I grew up in Maryland and studied Environmental Science at SUNY-ESF in Syracuse, NY. After, college I decided to embark on a 2,189 mile hike along the east coast. In the words of Edward Abbey, "It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here." This philosophy has carried me through five years of outdoor education where I've been honored to work with communities and schools from coast to coast in an array of ecosystems.
This year, I want to help our students discover their inner scientist and see connections with the world around them. Our classroom will be centered around the ideas of curiosity, creativity, and community. Through these three pillars, students will be encouraged to ask questions, explore new solutions, and connect with one another, as well as the natural world, in a respectful and meaningful way.
In my free time, I enjoy backpacking, rock climbing, paddling, knitting, and playing with my dog, Freyja!
Google Classroom is organized based on Period & Side (A side & B side):
- Advisory: p66uxat
- 1st Period Science A - Day: zbwe53v
- 1st Period Science B - Day: tibtfip
- 2nd Period Science A - Day: rok42cd
- 2nd Period Science B - Day: ixqooji
- 3rd Period Science A - Day:
- 3rd Period Science B - Day: wicge6h
8th Grade Teacher Team Contacts
- Social Studies: Ms. Silas-[email protected]
- English: Ms. Snelling-[email protected]
- Ms. Hanson-[email protected]
- Math: Mr. Berry-[email protected]
- Mr. Williamson-[email protected]
- Mr. Kons-[email protected]