Hello everyone, glad to see that you have stumbled your way through cyberspace to take a gander at our class website. My name is Mr. Hara and I very am excited to be your 8th Grade Science Teacher!
Although I was born in Allentown, Pennsylvania, I have lived in California almost all of my life and love it here. I grew up in Cupertino, CA in the heart of Silicon Valley and developed a true love for education and technology. I went to college and completed my Master's in Education at UC San Diego, a place near and dear to my heart.
I envision great success for all of my students and will personally do everything in my power to make that a reality. In return, every student will be held to high expectations; I ask that they are responsible, respectful, caring, and honest. They will take accountability for their own education and recognize the importance (and gratification) of the learning process so that they can achieve great things in their futures.
In my free time I enjoy surfing, rock climbing, live music, playing volleyball and basketball, and singing in the car (only if I am driving solo). I am a big fan of fiction, backpacking, and exploring new places. My favorite cuisine is Japanese, but I love a greasy breakfast burrito at most hours of the day. My favorite movie is "City of God" and I am not a big fan of alfalfa sprouts. These, along with family and friends, are some of the most important features of my life.
Oh, and Calvin and Hobbes is a classic.
- Office Hours: 7:30-9:00, 3:00-3:30
- Room Number: H-3
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 916-567-5740 Ext. 6234
Teacher Team Contacts:
- Courtney Snelling: 8th Grade English Language Arts-[email protected]
- D'Andre Berry: 8th Grade Math/Algebra-[email protected]
- Kathleen Kees: 8th Grade Math/Algebra-[email protected]
- Ashley Silas: 8th Grade Social Science-[email protected]
- Nic Kons: 8th Grade Social Science-[email protected]
- Rebecca Clark: 8th Grade Physical Education-[email protected]
Please visit my page to learn more about the upcoming 2018-19 school year.