Hello! Thank you for taking the time to visit my page. My name is Tipkretar (Aimly) Carey. This will be my fifth year teaching at NP3 Middle School!
A little background: I was born in Thailand but largely grew up in the Sacramento area. I attended the University of California, San Diego and graduated with a double major in Political Science and Literature in Writing. It was during my college years that I realized my love for teaching after working with middle, high school, and college students in various tutoring positions. I then completed my Single Subject Secondary Teaching Credential in English with BCLAD in Spanish at the University of California, Davis. In 2016 I completed my graduate education and teacher research at UC Davis in the Masters of Arts in Education program. My research centered on how increasing student engagement in the classroom can improve reading comprehension.
Aside from teaching, I have always been an avid reader since early childhood and hope to inspire students to love reading as well. I love to practice yoga and Zumba. I am a huge fan of spicy Thai food, ice cream and other desserts, Pixar movies, Star Wars, Marvel, board/card games, spending time with my family and friends, and pugs. During the summers my husband (who is also a middle school English teacher) and I love to go to Disneyland to recharge our "inner children"!
Mira Loma High School
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
University of California, San Diego
- B.A. Literature/Writing (Honors, Highest Distinction)
- B.A. Political Science
University of California, San Diego Extension
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate
University of California, Davis
- Masters of Arts, Education
- Single Subject Teaching Credential in English
- Bilingual Crosscultural Language and Academic Development (BCLAD) Authorization in Spanish
- Room: M110
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Phone: (916) 567-5740
- Teacher Instagram for updates about school and random fun posts: @np3_mrs.carey
- Receive updates about English 6 by signing up for Remind. Text the message @english619 to the number 81010. If you’re having trouble with 81010, try texting @english619 to (530) 402-8613. Or use this link: rmd.at/english619
- Receive updates about Advisory by signing up for Remind. Text the message @2he4fg to the number 81010. If you’re having trouble with 81010, try texting @2he4fg to (530) 402-8613. Or use this link: rmd.at/2he4fg