California Education Code requires that a school district must verify a student’s residency. Documents that can be legally accepted as proof of residency are as follows:
- Property tax payment receipts
- Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts
- Utility Service contract, statement or payment receipts
- Pay stubs
- Voter registration
- Correspondence from a government agency
If residency cannot be confirmed using one of the above documents, a student may apply for an Interdistrict Transfer from their District of Residence.
Other possible reasons a student not living in our district may attend in Natomas are:
- Non-Permanent Residence – a family and/or child(ren) living in a temporary housing situation within our district such as hotel, shelter, or with another family. Please also visit the Foster Youth Services and the Homeless Family Supports page.
- Caregiver Affidavit – a student(s) living with a family member or other responsible adult whereby that adult is acting as the students guardian. This often happens for temporary situations or prior to court proceedings to determine guardianship.