Students, Parents, and Guardians,
Welcome to Natomas Unified! We’re a growing district on the move, with thousands of new students projected in the coming years, solid financial footing, millions in recent school facility improvements, excellent academic programs, and home to one of the highest graduation rates and completion of college entry requirements in Sacramento county.
Our number one focus is ensuring that all NUSD students graduate as college and career ready, productive, responsible, and engaged global citizens. With the guidance of our Board of Education, we are able to provide high-quality programs, support, and resources for student success.
We offer a wide range of models and programs to fit the needs of all students. From preschool and transitional kindergarten to K-5, K-8, middle, high school, and even 6-12 configuration, we have a wide variety of options. We are an open district, so parents have the flexibility to enroll in their neighborhood school or another Natomas Unified school if space is available.
We are extremely proud of our accomplishments including:
- More opportunities for students to gain real-world skills in our Career Technical Education Pathways with the most recent addition – Music Production at Natomas High School and last year’s additions – Public Safety and Building and Construction Trades, bringing our total to 11
- Increasing access to International Baccalaureate (IB) with the expansion of IB at American Lakes and Bannon Creek now allowing us to serve nearly 50% of our student population with a K-12 IB continuum
- Addition of 8 licensed social workers to each K-8 and elementary school to support student’s social-emotional needs
- $1 million dollar in investment in the expansion of extracurricular activities for the 2020-2021 school year to ensure students stay connected during distance learning and in-person learning
- The building of great learning environments for our students thanks to the support of our community with the passage of two school bonds – Measure J and Measure L
Thank you for your continued support of NUSD. We’re committed to providing your child with a high-quality education and responding quickly to questions, needs and concerns. We also know that mistakes happen. If you run into barriers or frustrations while trying to get answers you need, start by calling your own school, but if problems remain unresolved, contact Constituent and Customer Services (CCS) at (916) 561-5253 or by email at [email protected].